- Serves: 12
700g McCain Our Chef Solutions Simply Mash, made to pack instructions, chilled
300g plain white flour
2 beaten eggs
1 g ground pepper
1 g salt (optional)
Yzg ground nutmeg
10ml vegetable oil
400g leeks. sliced
200g smoked bacon. diced
21trs semi skimmed milk
200g mature Cheddar, grated
50g fresh breadcrumbs
2g dried parsley
1. Preheat oven 180°C/375° F, Gas Mark 5.
2. Cook the McCain Our Chef Solutions Simply Mash as directed on the pack. mash well, and chill.
3. Add 150g of the flour and beaten eggs to the chilled mash. Season with the salt if applicable. pepper and nutmeg.
4. Saute the leeks until soft in a little oil and then add the bacon.
5. Make a cheese sauce by melting the margarine. adding the remaining 150g flour to make a roux. then adding the milk slowly. Bring to the boil and allow to thicken. Season and add the grated cheese.
6. Stir in the leeks and% of the bacon into the cheese sauce. Set aside.
7. To make the gnocchi: a. Divide the chilled mash mix into 100g portions. b. Roll into a sausage shape then divide that into approx. Bg pieces getting approx.12 from each sausage.
8. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook gnocchi in batches of 30 until the shapes float to the top. Drain well.
9. Place the boiled gnocchi in a greased ovenproof dish and cover in the cheese and bacon sauce.
10. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and cheese.
11. Bake for 20/25 min until golden and piping hot.
Serve with a 40g/60g portion of garlic bread.