- Serves: 20
- Cooking time: 65 mins
2tbsp sunflower oil
400g red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
400g mixed peppers, chopped
250g butternut squash, diced
200g courgette, diced
1tsp hot chilli powder
1tsp ground cumin
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
1tbsp tomato puree
BOOg tinned mixed beans, drained and rinsed
500ml beef stock
1tbsp sunflower oil
1 kg McCain Chef Solutions Simply Wedges, frozen
1. Heat the oil and gently fry the onions until soft and golden, add the peppers and garlic, cook for a further minute.
2. Stir in the remaining vegetables.
3. Add the spices, then the tinned tomatoes, puree, beans and beef stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook 20 mins, check seasoning.
4. Mix the frozen Chef Solutions Simply Wedges with the spices.
5. Pour the chilli into an ovenproof dish and top with the seasoned wedges. with the remaining oil, sprinkle with a little chilli powder.
6. Cook in a pre-heated oven 200°c, Gas Mark 7 until piping hot and crispy. About 30/40 mins.