- Serves: 25
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 40 mins
75g seasoned flour
1.5kg diced chciken pieces, breast and thigh meat
A little oil (75g approx)
500g onions, peeled and chopped
500g carrots, peeled and chopped
500g parsnips, peeled and chopped
750ml low salt chicken stock
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
4 tbsp clear honey
4 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2kg McCain Chef Solutions Simply Mash (cooked to pack instructions)
500g broccoli florets, chopped
A little milk
1. Season some of the flour to taste and toss the chicken pieces through.
2. Heat some of the oil and brown the chicken, then set aside.
3. Add a little more oil and gently sauté the onions, carrots and parsnips until they are slightly softened.
4. Add the flour, thenthe stock, herbs, honey and mustard, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer until the vegetables are tender.
5. Cook the McCain Chef Solutions Simply Mash with the chopped broccoli florets and when cooked through mash together with a little milk. Check seasoning.
6. Take a large shallow dish. Place the chicken in the dish, cover with the sauce and top with the broccoli mash.
7. Bake in the oven until the potato has browned and the chicken has cooked through. 30/40 mins, 200°C/Gas Mark 7.