- Serves: 20
500g red onion. sliced
750g carrots. diced
500g red peppers. thinly sliced
1.5kg lamb, minced
40g garlic, chopped
50g garlic puree
25g ground cinnamon
25g dried ground coriander
25g dried chilli powder
50g granulated sugar
1.5kg tinned chopped tomatoes 250g tomato puree
750g tinned chick peas
20g cooking salt
1.5 1tr water
4kg McCain Chef Solutions Simply Slice - frozen
50ml basic olive Oil
250g Lancashire crumbly cheese 100g fresh parsley, finely chopped 250g fresh tomatoes. finely diced
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F /Gas Mark 3.
2. Dice the onions. carrots and slice the peppers. Dry fry in a pan with the mince for 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic puree. cinnamon. coriander. chilli powder and sugar. Cook for a further 5 minutes to release the flavours and lightly caramelise the meat and vegetables.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes. tomato puree. chickpeas. water and half the salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. check the seasoning and add remaining if required.
5. Place the meat mixture in an oven proof dish and layer the McCain Chef Solutions Simply Slice on top in a circle slightly overlapping then brush with oil.
6. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the potato is tender and light golden colour. Add the cheese and return to the oven until melted.
7. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley and finely diced tomatoes.
8. Serve hot.